Pathfinder Ranch Summer Camp has a variety of positions available for Summer 2017.
Staff Training: June 7th – June 16th
Summer Camp: June 19th to July 30th
Rental Groups: July 30th – August 18th
You can see a detailed job description by clicking the appropriate link below. You may also contact us at 951-659-2455 ext. 17 with questions
How to Apply
- Read through the position descriptions to see which job interests you the most.
- Download and fill out the application. (To fill out the form electronically you can use Adobe Acrobat DC available from the Adobe website here )
- Download and fill out the ACA Voluntary Disclosure Statement
- Email your completed application, a brief cover letter, voluntary disclosure statement, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Cover letters can be placed in the body of the email)
Responsibilities include the safety and well being of each assigned camper. Counselors develop individual relationships with each camper providing opportunities for personal growth and positive group living experiences. The counselor is responsible for campers in the cabins, during meals and evening programs, and assisting in program areas during the day. Cabin sizes may range from 10-13 campers each week. Must be available to work for a minimum of 8 weeks beginning June 7th.
Responsibilities include assisting with planning, coordinating, and carrying out activities for each cabin group and guiding Campers in their personal growth and daily living skills. Must be available to work for a minimum of 8 weeks beginning June 7th.
Responsibilities include developing and teaching a high quality, safe and fun program within established guidelines. Instructors will choose one area to specialize in this summer but may be cross trained on several areas. Each instructor must have knowledge and experience in their specific program area and the ability to effectively pass this knowledge along to children. Must be available to work for a minimum of 8 weeks beginning June 7th.
The program areas are as follows:
- Aquatics (Pool and Canoeing)
- Creative Arts (Arts ‘n Crafts, Photography, Drama)
- Team Challenge
- Equine (Horseback Riding, Horsemanship)
- Hiking (X-Club, Outdoor Skills, Backpacking)
- Rock Climbing
Team leads assist and support the Summer Camp Coordinator in organizing and administering the overall program. These individuals provide advice, help, and support to all members of the general staff team. “Ad Staff” members assist in pre-camp/training, provide help with program areas, discipline, counseling and cabin activities, and act as constant role models for both staff members and campers. Leadership or supervisory experience is required. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be available to work for a minimum of 8 weeks beginning June 7th.
- Prepare training, and advise cabin counselors in proper techniques and procedures of counseling and care of campers
- Supervise and evaluate cabin counselors, always offering support, positive guidance and experiences for growth
- Organize counselor schedules for cabin assignments, free time, evening activities, etc.
- Prepare training, and advise specialists in proper teaching techniques, and successful preparation procedures for their individual programs
- Supervise and evaluate instructors, always offering support, guidance and assistance in growth and improvement
- Organize instructors schedules for free time, evening activities, etc.
- Implement the leadership program for young adults ages 15 – 17, establishing a team atmosphere and teaching basic camp counseling techniques and completing camp service projects.
- In cooperation with the cabin counselors and instructors, supervise, advise, and evaluate ten C.I.L.T.s each week.
- Manage Trading Post (camp snack bar) including controlling inventory and finances.
Program Assistants facilitate adventure activities, assist with program projects, and provide for the health, well-being, and facility needs of campers. Program assistants work in our infirmary, are on call overnight, and assist the Summer Camp Coordinator with various tasks throughout the day. Leadership and healthcare experience are required. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be available to work for a minimum of 8 weeks beginning June 7th.
In addition to receiving memories that will last a life time and a biweekly wage, Summer Camp employees also receive room and board for the length of their employment.