Pathfinder Ranch strives to provide a positive and memorable experience for all participants but try as we may; we are obligated to restrict activity participation in some situations for the sake of safety. These situations may include but are not limited to: weather/natural conditions, participant limits, equipment limits, time, and the unknown. Our instructors have been asked to use their best judgement in deciding when to restrict an activity. If you ever have a question regarding a limit related decision or policy we encourage you to speak with your instructor or, if you have questions prior to your visit, contact us at 951-659-2455.
For your safety and for the safety of those around you, please DO NOT participate in Adventure Program activities (Climbing, Alpine Tower, Zip-line, Horseback Riding, Hiking, Canoeing, etc.) if any of the following conditions apply:
- Over 250 lbs in body weight
- Cardiac Disease
- Received an Organ Transplant
- Currently experiencing Abdominal Organ Enlargement (ex: Mononucleosis)
- Active Orthopedic and/or joint problems such as o Rheumatoid Arthritis o Recent Fracture or Sprain o Current Sutures or Staples
- History of Head, Neck, or Back injuries
- Any condition that a physician has determined creates a limitation to physical activity or if you think participating in Adventure Program activities will aggravate any previous medical condition
Additionally, please be aware that the activities at camp can be active and rigorous. All of our participants are empowered to try new things but they always have the choice to refrain from participation, and Pathfinder Ranch staff will respect that choice. We encourage all of our participants to pre-screen themselves and their children for the following medical conditions prior to participation in Adventure Program activities.
If you have a special need, we encourage you to contact us so that we can explore options for adaptive participation.